Nexthink Privacy and Cookies Policy
Nexthink SA (together with its associated companies) (“We”, “Us”) respect your privacy and promise to use appropriate measures to protect any personal data we collect about you or that you provide to us (“your information”).
“Personal data” or “personal information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual, for example: a first and last name, a home or other physical address, an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home or technical information such as a IP address, cookies or device information. More detail about what personal data we collect about you is noted below.
Basis of Processing
We will normally collect your information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests. We may also need to process your information to comply with our legal obligations, or when it is in your or another person’s vital interests.
“Legitimate Interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/products. For example, we have an interest in making sure our marketing is relevant for you, so we may process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your information for activities where our interests are overridden by the negative impact on you (unless one of the other legal bases applies, as described above.
If you have any concerns about the processing below, you have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests. For more information on your rights, please see “Your Rights” section below.
Collection of Your Information by Us
Information that you provide voluntarily
When you visit our Website or contact Us, we may request that you provide Personal Information about yourself.
You may give us personally identifiable information and contact data voluntarily, for example that you give us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, and other such information that can identify you personally, such as your login credentials.
We may also process data covering your preferences in receiving marketing and other communications from us and third parties. Respondents to our online surveys and attendees to our online webinars or digital events may be requested to provide additional personal data alongside identity and contact data. We may collect demographic information, such as gender, age, marital status, nationality, country of birth and residence, native language preferences, interests and favorites that are not associated with your name or other personally identifying information. We also collect participant IDs as well as any personal data provided in the individual’s responses.
When applying for a specific vacancy advertised on the Website or submitting your details for entry into the Nexthink speculative applicant database, you will be asked for specific personal information to determine your potential suitability against current or future recruitment requirements. This could include your CV, details of your work and academic experience, professional qualifications and other information relevant to the vacancy or business area you have selected, along with your contact details. As a general rule, during the recruitment process, we try not to collect or process any of the following: information that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, religious, political or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership; genetic data; biometric data for the purposes of unique identification; or information concerning your health/sex life (“Sensitive Personal Information“), unless authorised by law or where necessary to comply with applicable laws. However, in some circumstances, we may need to collect, or request on a voluntary disclosure basis, some Sensitive Personal Information for legitimate recruitment-related purposes: for example, information about your racial/ethnic origin, gender and disabilities for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring, to comply with anti-discrimination laws and for government reporting obligations. You may provide, on a voluntary basis, other Sensitive Personal Information during the recruitment process.
Information that we obtain from third party sources
Any data from customers and parties participating in Nexthink’s Partner Program, such as financial data including bank account and payment card details and transaction data on previous, current and upcoming deals, will be collected and processed to manage our customer relationships or when you sign up to training courses.
We may source some of your information which is publicly available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or any information that we acquire from third party service providers (such as business partners, sub-contractors for any technical delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). The types of information we collect from third parties may include professional and academic data for recruitment purposes, or identity and contact information to identify respondents for research surveys. Wherever we collect information about you from third parties we ensure that we are legally entitled to do so.
Information that we collect automatically
We also automatically collect some technical and navigational information from your visit to our Website, webinars or events and from your use of our mobile application. This includes information about your device (such as your computer IP address, device model, unique device identifier, OS version, mobile network) or information about where and how you access our Website or mobile application (such as geographical location, browser type and language, referral source, server logs, length of visit and pages viewed). Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Information About Children
Our Website are not intended for or targeted at children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 13. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may delete the information.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We will combine the information we receive from you or your information that we collect from our Website or other sources and use the combined information for the purposes set out below:
- to operate and improve the Websites, improve your browsing experience and to improve any subscription service;
- send personalized information to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means;
- send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you;
- contact you, on behalf of external business partners, about a particular offering that may be of interest to you;
- share data with trusted partners to contact you based on your request to receive such communications, help us perform statistical analysis, or provide customer support. Such third parties are prohibited from using your information except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information;
- evaluate your potential suitability against a specific or general recruitment requirement;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We may share your information to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Nexthink, its affiliates, customers, or associates, or when we believe that the law requires it. We will share your information:
- When release is required by law or regulation, or is requested by a government agency (for example, a subpoena);
- When the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment or defense of legal claims; or,
- Upon discovery of fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices if we believe a governmental agency should be notified.
We use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive by a web server.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. These can be blocked but will then impact the performance of the website.
- Analytical/performance cookies They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|cookie-alert||Cookie Alert||This cookie tracks whether a user has accepted cookies upon their first visit to the Website.|
|adblocker-alert||Adblocker Popup||This cookie tracks whether a user has seen our adblocker message.|
|ebook-popup||Ebook Popup||This cookie tracks whether a user had seen our ebook advertisement.|
|attribution||Attribution||This cookie tracks where and how a visitor came to the Website.|
Below are some examples of such third party cookies and related information:
|Google Analytics / Google Optimize||https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage|
Social Media Features
Your Information Transfer and Security
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and we take appropriate security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Retention of Your Information
We retain your information as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements) and we then securely delete the information.
You have the following rights with respect to your information:
- To access and review your information;
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions your information;
- To request that your information not be processed or restrict the processing of your information;
- To request portability of your information;
- To request that your information be deleted;
- To opt out of marketing communications by Nexthink or third parties. You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails, or by sending us an email at email@example.com or by sending us postal mail using the details listed below.
- To withdraw your consent if we have collected and processed your information with your consent.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the information below.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the any regulator so please contact us in the first instance using the information below.