Many companies are planning to migrate to Internet Explorer 11, which promises better performances and improvements in stability.
- 126.96.36.199 - Initial release
This pack requires some categories contained in the Shared Categories content pack, please make sure to have it installed in your environment before installing this pack.
Migrate successfully to Internet Explorer 11 using end-user analytics:
- Planning: assess compatibility with IE 11 against OS requirements and your Web applications
- Roll out: track migration status and user adoption of IE 11 but also other browsers (if any)
- User experience: establish benchmark to compare before-after and detect issues with the new browser at any time
How to use it
A) Import the content
- Import the category pack in Finder
- Import the investigation pack in Finder
- Import the content pack (module and widgets) in Portal
You can discover the browsers that are currently in use in your organization. The following categories are predefined and can be optionally updated:
- "NXT - Web browsers" (used to tag all the applications that correspond to a browser)
- "NXT - Internet Explorer versions" (used to tag all IE versions)
Assess your environment against IE 11 requirements. The following category is predefined but can optionally be updated:
- "NXT - IE 11 support" (used to tag all OS supporting IE 11)
Supported Windows OS: Windows 8.1 / Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 / Windows Server 2012 R2
Unsupported Windows OS: Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012 / Windows server 2008 / Older version of Windows
You should identify your critical web applications and decide which ones have to be fully supported.
- The category "NXT - Web applications" is used to classify the web applications.
Case 1: fully supported
Create a keyword (e.g. "SAP", "Office 365", "SharePoint") that will identify the web application and tag the corresponding domains with these keywords. The generic keyword "others - supported" can also be used.
Case 2: not supported
If the application does not need to be monitored, tag the corresponding domain(s) with the keyword "others - NOT supported".
For the rest of the analysis, these domains/web applications will be generally excluded. Additionally, only devices supporting IE 11 are taken into account.
You can then visualize the usage of your web applications with all defined web browsers.
The previously discovered and supported web applications should be individually tested for IE 11 compatibility.
- The category "NXT - IE compatibility" should be used to tag the domain(s) with
- "yes" if compatible
- or "no" otherwise.
D) Roll out
Follow the migration of devices to IE 11.
Here you can check that the migration does not have any unforeseen side effects such as users adopting other non-compliant browsers.
E) User experience
Here you can benchmark browser crashes and freezes.
Verify that IE 11 performance for resource consumption is acceptable for your standards to ensure that the user experience is preserved.
The data can be compared by versions and by browsers.
Monitor the user experience to proactively discover any critical issues and preserve the quality of services.
You may want to configure and fine-tune the thresholds on the issue widgets.